Monday, August 6, 2007

My sentiments exactly



This first picture is one of my favorites of the weekend. And its so simple. WOW - the job was challenging. I was like a one man band and if it weren't for my cargo pants...I would have been up a creek without a paddle. I brought along with me, my camera (loaded down of course with my 70-200 lens), my notepad and pen (which I managed not to lose all weekend - a miracle in and of itself), and my MP3 voice recorder and microphone. But my eye was always looking out for the best stories and hopefully a good picture too. Sometimes the story started with the pic. But in the end...it was my favorite crusade experience in Anaheim.

Nothing can describe the feeling of knowing that no matter what is going wrong in our lives and how hard it might seem - that there is a God in heaven who sent his son Jesus Christ to save us from our sin because He loves us. No mattter how good we think we are, we are not good enough to even approach God if it weren't for Jesus. I owe my life to Him and working at a Crusade event reminds me in a very powerful way how much that simply acknowledging that great truth frees us from guilt, shame and burdens and invites us into the peace that surpasses all understanding (as the Bible says.)

I count it a great privilege to work at such an event. Here are a few more pics.

tobyMac stopped for me to take his pic.



My buddies Mariann and Dawn

signing for the deaf minsitry

1 comment:

Dawn Malone said...

Very nice pictures! This one of me, is much better. How much do you want to take off the one from Saturday? It's horrible.