Saturday, April 19, 2008

Portrait of A Gentle Spirit

I took this portrait in Mexico last month. This woman came to the medical mission outreach. She was standing waiting for a family member who was getting seen by the doctor and I asked her if I could take her picture. I love this picture not because of anything I did, but because her image shows strength of character and quiet resolve. The community that was being served was extremely poor, living in lean-to's that had dirt floors. Despite the hardship, there was still gentleness in this woman's eyes. Kindness and gentleness. And I will remember her.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Love, love, love photos like this. She tells a story all on her own. Looks like National Geo stuff. Nice job.

Mariann said...

I look at the pic. and see a whole lot more. A story told.. Great work !

C. watkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanette said...

Very documentary, I like it.