Saturday, February 9, 2008

Mt. Rubidoux or bust



It took us 8 years but we finally made it up Mt. Rubidoux. Dawn inspired me as she has been going up almost everyday. We packed a picnic dinner/lunch and ate it here on these rocks where I took this first picture. The sun was RIGHT THERE but to me it just seemed heavenly. So warm and bright.

The recent rains have wiped out all the smog and given us lovely green grass. It was the perfect thing to do today. I'm pooped out! Going up was hard for me but I made it!




The kids asked to do it again tomorrow...so I think despite the 24 texts to their friends during the hike...they liked connecting with nature. I included this picture as proof that their phones are their constant companions.

6 comments:

Dawn Malone said...

Yea!!!! You did it. BTW who are those people with Brian?
LOL! They look so old!

Nicole Liebgott Photography said...

Looks like fun, I'm not sure I could make it up that big hill? But I bet it was worth every step. You have a beautiful family

Unknown said...

Great photos and even bigger kudos for making the hike!! Way to go!

Justin and Jen said...

Ooh how fun! I actually enjoy Riverside when everything perks up green after rain! It makes the rest of the 11 1/2 months of brown bearable :)

Mariann said...

You go Crissy...makes me want to walk up the hill someday..hehehehe

Jeanette said...

What a great idea and a good way to spend family time together - minus the cell phones!