Sunday, January 14, 2007

lighting

I took some time last night to play around with lighting. I have a job coming up and the subject wants a studio look with black and white pics. They will be pregnancy shots and is looking for something very dramatic. So I went to town trying different things. I took my extended flash off my camera and set it up and to the left of the subject also a little behind the subject. Then I used the flash on my camera as a second flash but set it to a lower power. I had to adjust several times and did a little bit of tweaking in photoshop but finally liked the result. As you can see from my subject...he was posing only because I promised he that he just had to sit there and could sit however he wanted. :) He was tired.
Extended flashes are awesome tools. I encourage you to play with yours. I can help anyone who has a Nikon to get their flash to work off the camera. Don't know how to work the Canons though sorry girls.

No comments: