Saturday, January 13, 2007

Actions

I have to give credit to Rowena...I didn't even know what actions were a month ago other than something I could create. I didn't know they were available for purchase. Apparently a lot of people use them. I am actually thinking about marketing my own actions as I have not had to rely on them in the past. When I first started working in Photoshop I think it was version 5. I was soooo bad. I had no idea what all the tools were for or how to manipulate them. It seemed way too complicated to me. But I was forced to use it for work and so as I experimented and played with the program I learned. Photoshop has become my instrument even as much as my camera. It is truly my darkroom. But despite this I am going to investigate actions. And see if it can save me time or gain me better effects.

But enough about me...there are ACTIONS people!!! So all you ladies out there who have not had to endure learning photoshop...there are these things you can purchase and some are free to download. They achieve a basic effect on your photos. Soft focus, romantic, soft vignette, crisp black and white etc. There are many to choose from...and believe me, I am planning on coming out with my own!!! So look out girls.
In the meantime here are a few links to browse.

http://www.atncentral.com

http://www.liknes.no/photoshop/index.asp

http://www.panosfx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=4&id=13&Itemid=27


have fun looking around this weekend.

But also remember if I can learn it you can too! And don't pay for anything that you can learn yourself!

On a side note. I just have been reflecting on God's word today in Galatians 5.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Praise God for His Spirit!! I know everyday life gets challenging girls. But thank God we don't have to do it on our own.

No comments: