Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Louisiana bound

The Harvest Mission Team is headed to the New Orleans area on a scheduled trip to continue their work rebuilding churches in the region. Because of the recent hurricane, Gustav, we might also be doing relief work with Samaritan's Purse.

And I'm going!

I've wanted to go to that region for some time now and I'm thrilled at the chance to serve and experience relief work first hand. Not only will it make a practical difference in people's lives but I think it is also important to show God's love to others, especially to those in need.

The trip is Sept 19-28, so please keep us in your prayers that we will have opportunties to make a difference in people's lives both materially and spiritually. And for those of you who know me...pray for my physical stamina and for restful sleep. I don't think I've ever done 10 nights on an air mattress before!

You know I'll be bringing my camera...taking pics of everything except for myself because I expect to look like I do when I go camping! I don't think I'll have an internet connection while I'm there but I will definitely blog my trip.

I'm really excited!

No comments: