Saturday, June 2, 2007

Five for Fighting


Our family has always loved the music of Five for Fighting and this weekend we got the opportunity to go to a concert. It was so great. For those of your not familiar...he sings the songs "Superman", "100 years", and "Something About You" along with dozens more I love. Not only was the perfomance outstanding but it turned into an unforgettable night for Sam and Grace.
We ended up in the very front row at the stage because all these adults were all gaga and Grace couldn't see! But we had a blast singing all the songs and dancing. At one point John threw out his pick to the audience and later that evening Sam went to sit down and found the pick sitting in his chair. It was a riot. It is a pick he will never lose!
And then he sang a cover song "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" and when he was doing the intro to the song he looked down at Grace and told me I should cover her ears. So she DID...and it was so cute. He didn't even say anything bad he was just playing. He's a dad of two kids and his whole show was just so intimate and real. He talked about his dad, his kids and how much family means to him. Anyway at the end of the concert he reached down and shook Grace's hand and then went looking for something to give her. She got a wadded up song list and she felt like a princess. It was so cute. Then after the encore he did a little finger wave good-bye to her. What made it such a crack up was there were all these 40 something women going all gaga and he was giving Grace all the attention. She loved it! And I am sure he's got fans for life after the night the kids had.
So I wanted to share it with you guys. Here are some pics.





This is the hand of one of the gaga women...I missed it when he gave Grace his hand, I was enjoying the moment too much to be a photographer.




Too cute!

Having a bite to eat at Denny's at midnight. Can you tell we are tired?

5 comments:

Dawn Malone said...

Check you out the concert photog!
Great pics, but better story! So cool! I love the one of Sam and Grace, and his expression. Love it!

DIRKADIRKA said...

What an awesome story. How cool!!! I like the shot of Sam with that super serious face. Hahaha!

-Dirk

Jeanette said...

What a fun family night! I enjoyed the all the details. Cool photos, I like the one with Grace and her brother holding the music sheet! I'm still trying to remember if I know this band?

Debbie said...

I'm not fooled for a minute, I'm thinking the hand in that picture is yours...only kidding. Very cool.

Debbie said...

By the way, the last comment was from Hanz, Debbie would never say something like that :-)