Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Beauty of Photoshop

I know some of you don't have photoshop...but most of you have elements. And I just wanted to show how you can take an okay photo and make it "pop". I thought I'd show a couple of examples. The first on is of you know who. First photo is untouched straight out of the camera. The second photo has some photoshop work done to make her eyes pop. One reason I did this is because her eyes were darker than normal because of the lighting. But another reason is because I knew it would take the photo to another level. Not sure you can get the full effect because they were subtle changes. But believe me, they make all the difference.



Here are two more images from the shoot. The first one, something happened with the color because of his shirt - the white balance was off. But luckily I shot it in raw and was able to adjust the "temperature" or white balance of the photo. And a few other little things. Here is the result.





Specficially, I adjusted the temperature, contrast, exposure and saturation. Just a tad for each. It really warmed up the image and made it acceptable.

So how are you guys doing on your Christmas card and lighting challenges? Keep taking pictures! And remember to send me your best results!

2 comments:

Dawn Malone said...

Grace is stunning!

rowena said...

Trying to get to the challenges... soon, real soon...
Nice examples of what you can do in PS. Thanks!